Feb 12, 2017
The Podcasters' Anti-Glossary - E-for-Excessive. In this episode Josh takes us through how-to spot "Clever Spam" in Facebook groups
Clue #1: If the user prefaces their question with "I know I could have searched for the answer but I thought I'd ask anyway" or "I know this has been asked before but I wanted to see if things have changed."
Clue #2: If the user comments and sub-comments in group threads aggressively over a short period of time and then is nowhere to be found either for follow-up or to answer criticism of their ideas/comments.
Sub-commenting in bursts is the No.1 way I spot potential Spammers inside the Australian Podcasters' Group on Facebook (which I founded in 2013 and am still an admin for - we try to beat spammers to the punch wherever possible).
Say hello (or even G’day) to Josh:
• Em: firstname.lastname@example.org
• Twitter: twitter.com/joshuacliston (@joshuacliston )
• Instagram: instagram.com/joshuacliston
• Facebook: facebook.com/joshuacliston
• Goodreads: www.goodreads.com/user/show/399554…-joshua-c-liston