Jul 17, 2016
Episode Question: "Is the ATR2100 microphone
overrated for Podcasting?"
Short Answer: "The microphone is a fantastic sounding microphone for the money, and if you're planning to mostly produce your Podcast in-studio, I can 100% recommend the ATR2100 and also the AT2005 (the at2005 is a more externally robust microphone with the same internal specs as the ATR2100)."
Josh brings up a few issues he has with both the ATR2100
• The USB socket on on both models is a little fragile for use outside of the studio or in handheld situations.
• The monitoring/headphone volume dial on the ATR2100/AT2005 is rubbish!
• The handling noise of the ATR2100 is not up to industry standards (Josh considers the SM58 as the everyman's ind. std. for a handheld microphones).
Thought Technology Takeaway: "Always consider the reasons why a particular podcasting "GURU" thinks a certain way about Podcasting - it's rarely because it's the best thing for you and your show!"
Say hello (or even G’day) to Josh:
• Em: firstname.lastname@example.org
• Twitter Josh L: twitter.com/joshuacliston (@joshuacliston )
• Instagram: instagram.com/joshuacliston
• Facebook: facebook.com/joshuacliston
• Goodreads: www.goodreads.com/user/show/399554…-joshua-c-liston